Sunday, November 22, 2009

The finding of the stretch mark

Today has been a ruff day for this pregnant lady. See I found my first stretch mark. Well I know almost 7 months pregnant and this is the first, that is probably a good thing but it was terrifying to me so much so I cried.. Felt so silly but me feeling silly shore did not stop the tears from flowing. My amazing husband though comes in the bed room because he hears me sniffling and takes me in his arms and says ,"baby it doesn't matter its just part of it and I love you still the same." and me being stubborn cried more and said " I don't care I don't want them! Because I liked my body stretch mark free!" LOL he just looked at me and kissed me and said "Well baby your not the only one with stretch marks I have them too. So we can have stretch marks together." Oh my Gosh I stoped crying right then and just kissed him! I think I feel in love with him all over again in that very moment! Never in a million years would I have thought those words would have came out of his mouth or that they would have turned tears into a smile and laughter.!! So stretch marks are still not a welcomed sight to me but now for some reason I am excepting of the fact its probably going to happen no matter what I do. After all though its what I have to show for those stretch marks in the end that counts most of all! A beautiful baby and the little piece that starts a new chapter in my life that turns me into not just a wife but a mother as well and if I have to get stretch marks in order to experience all of that well I will wear them and be proud.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel...You should have been there the night I discovered I would probably never fit into my size 4 pants again (I was literally sitting in my closet surrounded by clothes and crying, until my hubby called me and told me that he thought I was beautiful, and there was nothing more wonderful than me carrying our child). And after giving birth, I was covered in stretch marks....It took me 6 months to convince myself to be proud of them, after all, they are the result of my wonderful son!

    Check out my blog: http://strangekitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww whitney that was awesome how he made u feel better. yeah gabe did the same thing with me. he could care less about them. its just part of having a child unfortunatly.

    ReplyDelete