Sunday, November 22, 2009

Chicken Quesadilla pinwheels


This recipe is courtesy of Rachel Ray from food network. I do have to say though this recipe is simple, quick and amazingly delicious! This is one of the recipes that I turn to when I don't want to spend forever in the kitchen but I want something that is not frozen or a sandwich.
Below is a link that will take you to the recipe but I am also going to type it here that way you don't have to go to a diff website to get it.

PREP TIME 10 min

COOK TIME 8 min

What you will need:

4 large 10-12 inch flour tortillas

2 cups shredded Monterey Jack

2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken meat, still warm from the store or warmed in Microwave

1 cup chipotle salsa


Directions:

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add a flour tortilla, blister it on 1 side then turn it over. Scatter cheese on top and cook 1 min or until cheese melts. remove to cutting board (or plate). Top the tortilla with 1/4 cup salsa, spreading gently with back of a spoon back to edges. top with some of the chicken, then roll tortilla into a log. let stand a min before cutting. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut pinwheels into 1/2 inch slices and arrange on platter.


Quick tip from my kitchen:

I spray my skillet with non stick spray like PAM. It helps to keep the tortilla from getting black spots as bad. also I love to mix my salsa with 1/3 cup sour cream it adds a cooling flavor. I never use all the chicken from my rotisserie chicken so I leave the shredded chicken in the container and refrigerate it and make sandwiches out of it for my husband so really you can get two or three meals with this! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment